Laundry room design should be decided as per your convenience so that you can be comfortable. Many people tend to say that laundry is one thing that they hate to do because it is very tiring. To add on, if the design of the laundry room isn’t decided properly then there are possibilities that this job will become even more difficult. You need to understand that laundry room design is not a difficult thing to do. Many people hire professionals to do this but you really need not do that because you just need to think about your requirement before design the room. You can search for design ideas over the internet as well.
How to do laundry room design?
Doing laundry room design is not a difficult thing to do and hence, you can do it on your own rather than wasting money in hiring a professional who will take care of these things. Few of the ideas for designing a laundry room are as follows: –
- Laundry room design starts with painting. For the rest of the house, you can use a paint that you like but in the laundry room, you should choose a light color. Choosing of dark color paint will make the room look dirty so choose colors that can make the room appear brighter.
- Laundry room design is like designing the kitchen but instead of the sink and refrigerator, you will have place the drier and washing machine. You decide on the location where you will place all the things so that you don’t need to move much while you are in the laundry room.
- Flooring and lighting also plays an essential role in laundry room design. The lighting of the room should be bright and sufficient. Avoid the regular lighting that is used in houses as that may make the laundry room look dark. Apart from that, the flooring of the room should also be simple. You should avoid shower tiles that are slippery in nature.
How to do laundry room design for elders?
Laundry room design for elderly people should be different than that of the regular design. Few of the considerations that will help you to design a comfortable laundry room are as follows: –
- Laundry room design for elderly people starts with deciding the location. You should decide on the location of the house where you want the room to be. Many houses have a laundry room in the underground but climbing stairs will be a difficult task for elderly people and hence, such location should be avoided.
- Laundry room design can be slightly different for senior people rather than that of the regular one. You can place a chair and a table in the laundry room so that the elderly person can sit and fold the clothes rather than that of standing.
- Laundry room design tends to remain incomplete without proper shelves. If elder people are using the laundry room then the shelves should be in such a position wherein they can stand and place or remove the clothes.
Laundry room design must be well thought otherwise it will become a real problem.